Search This Blog

Sunday, October 24, 2010

NFL SUNDAY PICKS & THINGS - UPDATED with results

It's that time of the week. The time that every pro football fan waits for. Here are my picks and thoughts for this weekends upcoming games.

***DISCLAIMER - If you bet your mortgage or son's college tuition I will not pay. These picks are only to be used in office pools, at a bar or to impress somebody.

CIN @ ATL - I have Atlanta at home. The Falcons are always tough at home. I think the loud atmosphere at the Georgia Dome will help the Atlanta Falcons cause. Look for Roddy White to have a big day against the Bengals secondary. Matt Ryan is almost unbeatable at the Dome.
Pick - ATLANTA FALCONS -  Result - WINNER

WSH @ CHI - This is a tough one. Chicago and Washington had high hopes in the preseason and seem to be a mirrow image of one another as far as producing goes. I'm going with Washington on this one. Both teams match up well and I will always give the advantage to the team that suits up at home.
Pick - WASHINGTON REDSKINS - Result - WINNER

PHI @ TEN - I could be bias because I have Chris Johnson on my fantasy football team (stay tuned for my Start Em Sit Em). But I'm not asking the Titans to this dance. The Titans have a looming question at QB with both Kerry Collins and Vince Young nursing injuries that hamper their best attributes (Collins middle finger & Young's knee). The Eagles are 3-0 on the road. I rarely pick the road team unless it's at Detroit (sorry) but I'm going with Philly on this one. I guess you can say "I have more at 'stake' than Philly" - Jay-Z
Pick - PHILADELPHIA EAGLES - Result - LOSER

JAC @ KC - Kansas City has been the suprise thus far this season. It doesn't hurt when you have basically hire every ex-New England coach on your team and the old GM. I have Kansas City killing Jacksonville in this one. I cannot see JAX going into Arrowhead and beating the Chiefs. BTW who's Todd Bouman?
Pick - KANSAS CITY CHIEFS - Result - WINNER

PIT @ MIA - Easy, 4 words "Ben Roethlesberger is Back"...did I spell that right? That James Harrison guy might be a little pissed too.
Pick - PITTSBURGH STEELERS - Result - WINNER

CLE @ NO - Thank you! A gimme.
Pick - NEW ORLEAN SAINTS - Result - LOSER

STL @ TB - I'm going with the Rams on this one. They're playing well and Tampa is not. What? You wanted more? It's St. Louis at Tampa and we're not talking the World Series.
Pick - ST. LOUIS RAMS - Result - LOSER (1 point)

SF @ CAR - Man would I breathe a sigh of relief if I was in that San Francisico locker room after winning (finally) last week. Mike Singeltary probably punched each and every player in the face before that game. Talk about 'The Hurt Locker". I have San Fran winning this one to save their lives (again). Oh Yeah, I think alex Smith will have a big day too.
Pick - SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS - Result - LOSER

BUF @ BAL - We'll see what Ray Lewis, Terrell Suggs and company have to say about the new NFL fines on hits first hand....sorry Lee Evans, Fred Jackson and Roscoe Parrish... :(
Pick - BALTIMORE RAVENS - Result - WINNER

ARI @ SEA - Both teams are well matchednand with 1st place in NFC West on the line I'll give the nod to Seattle. Marshawn Lynch was a big pick up from Buffalo and I think Matt Hasselback is hitting his stride now that Lynch in the backfield. Should be a good game at Qwest Field.
Pick - SEATTLE SEAHAWKS - Result - WINNER

OAK @ DEN - As bad as the Oakland Raiders have been the last err.......well you get the idea. I have this one being close. For some reason Oakland always plays Denver tough ( personally think Al Davis sends booze and strippers to the Boncos hotel rooms the night before) ...anyway. I have the home cookers in this one.
Pick - DENVER BRONCOS - Result - LOSER

NE @ SD - I really think after the Randy Moss trade Bill Belichick and Tom Brady are on a "WE CAN PASS PASS" parade and will continue to do so with Deion Branch. Even though I'm taller than all the Pats receivers Brady is good at finding the open man. This one is tough but I got the Patriots winning in SD.
Pick - NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS - Result - WINNER

MIN @ GB - Folks, we've arrived to the fun part. The Vikings versus the Packers at Lambeau Field. This one is the ultimate toss up. Brett Favre returning to the field that made him a legend and introduced him to Cameron Diaz in "There's Something About Mary". Randy Moss showed the folks at Green Bay that the moon isn't always in the sky (damn I want that Joe Buck sound bite). Aaron Rogers is ... well , what about Aaron Rogers? Exactly. He wants to torch the Minnesota secondary and beat the Vikings on Brett..err sorry, his turf! I still think Minny will win this one. You've got an erratic (which is good in this case) Favre, Randy "Throw the rock up and I'll catch it" Moss and oh yeah, what's that guy's name....AP?  No, not the Associated Press. Adrian "Remember Me?" Peterson. Tough one for the home crowd.
Pick...finally - MINNESOTA VIKINGS - Result - LOSER

NYG @ DAL - What happens in Dallas, stays in Dallas. Just kidding. The Cowboys want to prove that they can contend in the NFC and beat the G-Men. There's only one problem. The Cowboys can't protect Romo and the Giants bring it! Dallas passes all day and when you give Osi, Tuck and Co. (Trademark) time they will eventually kiss the QB on his mouth ... Pause....I like Ahmad Bradshaw on the fast turf.
Pick - NEW YORK FOOTBALL GIANTS - Result - WINNER

WEEK 7  PICKS RECORD  8-6      OVERALL 8-6

"I'm just saying"

No comments:

Post a Comment